Full time · Oslo
Can you lead the development of the product that is revolutionizing the restaurant business?
Weorder is a relatively young Oslo-based start-up. The main focus is an app-based technology that creates a platform for its customers in the hospitality industry, offering them a simplified business process for the benefit of them and their customers. The technology allows users to sell anything, anywhere and at any time without having to have a cash register or other hardware. We already have reputable customers such as Dinner, Nodee, Alex Sushi and Telenor Arena, as well as working with Vipps.
Do you want to join a start-up adventure and work with new and groundbreaking technology for the hospitality industry both in Norway and internationally? We’re looking for a Lead Architect who will work in the intersection between technology and business for one of the most exciting companies in the market.
We in Weorder are experts when it comes to online and mobile shopping for dining places. You may have used our app “SnappOrder” when you have ordered a beer at Telenor Arena, or maybe you have used the app to order food at Alex Sushi (an app Weorder also made) . Weorder is also behind the “engine” in the new VippsGO, check out the news about VippsGO here.
For the candidate with the right attitude, this is a unique opportunity to influence the way forward for a company experiencing tremendous growth! You will get a bunch of skilled colleagues who want to change the world by creating amazing products.
So, what’s the job?
- You will work right next to the CTO, and head the technology side when he’s absent
- Serve as a link and translator between the product department and the developers, in other words translate requirements and needs
- Project management and ensuring effective communication and progress
- You will the be technical resource that understands our architecture and develops it further
What do we expect you need to have to do this job?
- You have a background in development, at least 5 years
- You have a wide technology understanding, with technologies such as PHP, React, AWS, Payment Solutions APIs, etc.
- You prefer long-term and accurate solutions rather than quick-fixes
- You have some experience with architecture
- You must have good communication skills
- Good English skills as you want to work in an international environment with English-speaking colleagues
- You are structured and like to plan
… and what would be an extra plus?
- Experience with systems with a high number of users
- You’ve worked with Agile / DevOps
- Experience with application containers (Kubernetes)
- Some frontend experience / app development
- Some experience with project management
- You’re a tech-geek who keeps up to date with what’s going on in the field
Why should you consider this position?
- You will join us in an important growth phase – you will have a huge impact and exciting opportunities for growth
- Weorder is a market leader in its field, and was among the first in the world to develop an express bar i 2013
- We’ve gone from 30 to 100 customers over the last year and grow rapidly
- We’ve developed the new solution, VippsGO, which was launched in May
- You get to work in a team of incredibly skilled people who have recently been strengthened by, among other things, a new CEO with an incredible merit list
- Our offices are awesome and located centrally
Does this sound like a good fit for you?
Then we would love to hear from you! With us, you don’t need to write a long application, we only need enough information from you to evaluate your experience and background. For example, it may be a resume or a LinkedIn profile.
We’ll start interviewing in January 2018.